New Criteria and Procedure for Cyprus Citizenship by Investment
Revised Scheme 13/09/2016
On the 13/09/2016, the Cyprus Council of Ministers has approved the amendments to the SCHEME FOR NATURILAZATION BY EXCEPTION OF INVESTORS IN CYPRUS.
The said amendments are in line with the strategy of the Cyprus Government to further attract Foreign Direct Investment and encourage the use of Cyprus by High Net Worth Individuals.
Summary of key changes introduced:
- Level of investment reduced to a total of €2m - €2.5m, as opposed to €2.5m - €3m under the previous Criteria.
- Applications will be submitted on a stand-alone base; criterion of Collective Investments abolished.
- Introduction of combination of all economic criteria.
- Parents of the investor can now obtain the Cyprus Citizenship with an additional permanent residence of €500,000.
- Abolishment of the criterion of bank deposits.
- Cap set on the investment in Cyprus Government bonds.
- A Permanent Residence Permit will be issued prior to Naturalisation (unless the applicant is Temporary Permit holder already).
For the period until the end of October 2016, investors can choose under which Scheme to apply, i.e. the revised Scheme of 13/09/2016, or the previous 19/03/2014.
As from 01/11/2016, the revised Scheme comes in full effect.
- VAT on the Letting of Immovable Property
01 March 2018
- Government striving for Title Deeds solution
01 February 2018
- 2017: A Better Year for Property Sales
01 January 2018
- Cyprus citizenship by Investment ranked 1st in Europe and 7th in the world
28 December 2017
- Job opening
13 March 2017
- The new regime for a Cyprus Permanent Residence Permit via property investment
02 January 2017
- New Criteria and Procedure for Cyprus Citizenship by Investment
13 November 2016
- New PrimeStar Website Now LIVE!
06 November 2016
- List your property
02 May 2016
- Property prices are still dropping
07 October 2014